- Punhani Law Firm LLC
E-3 VISA – U.S. EMPLOYMENT VISA FOR AUSTRALIAN NATIONALS
If you are an Australian national and have a job offer from a U.S.-based company, you may be eligible for an E-3 visa. An E-3 visa is a work visa which permits U.S. employers to hire Australian nationals as specialty workers in certain professional occupations. Such professional can then enter the U.S. and work for the employer temporarily.
Eligibility Criteria for E-3 Visa:
1. The Beneficiary must be an Australian National.
2. The Beneficiary must have a legitimate job offer from a U.S.-based company.
3. The Beneficiary must possess the required academic qualifications.
4. The Beneficiary must be paid at least the prevailing wage, i.e., the salary as per the U.S. Department of Labor’s regulations.
5. The proposed job position must qualify under a specialty occupation.
Advantages of E-3 Visa:
1. The E-3 visa is initially issued for a two-year period and then may be renewed indefinitely in additional two-year increments. As compared to H-1B visa which have a six-year limit unless the employer has initiated the green card process, E-3 visas have an added advantage of having no upper limit for extensions/renewals.
2. E-3 visa applicants may apply directly at the U.S. consulate abroad instead of waiting for their employer to file the petition with the USCIS first. This helps in avoiding lengthy processing delays at the USCIS.
3. E-3 visa process is much faster.
4. Spouse of E-3 visa holder is also eligible to work in the U.S.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can one obtain an E-3 Visa without a Degree?
Yes. One would need 12+ years of industry-related experience.
2. Can an E-3 visa holder apply for a Green card?
Yes, the green card process can simultaneously be initiated for the Beneficiary while being on the E-3 visa in the U.S.
3. How long does it take to acquire E-3 Visa?
Once the employer files the Foreign Labor Application, it takes 5-10 days to get certified.
4. Can an E-3 visa holder change jobs?
Yes. But the new employer will have to file a new LCA immediately.
5. Is Premium Processing available for E-3?
To ascertain whether you qualify for an E-3 visa, contact Punhani Law Firm at aarushi@punhani law.com or +1(973)577-6464, +1(212)457-1153.
Let us help you achieve your American Dream!